Con found a yoga studio and started regular classes. By 2008 she signed up for 200 hour teacher training. She was by far the oldest student. In 2009 she started teaching Baby Boomers and Seniors showing them ways to increase flexibility and improve balance. Her mission to keep the aging population strong and healthy.
When Kate opened SPY, Con followed her there and took the first Advanced Teacher Training adding another 100 hours to her resume.
Con has led yoga retreats in France and spent a month in 2012 in India. After years of struggling with meditation and the more spiritual side of yoga, Con has plunged into the deep end of the pool and come up smiling.
She completed a 28 day meditation with Sally Kempton the summer of 2012 and took private meditation and nidra classes in India. The journey continues here at SPY with meditation, pranayama and yoga nidra classes. Con invites everyone to come along.
Ro started practicing at SPY in March of 2014. He graduated from SPY's teacher training program in 2016 and began assisting in 2017.
The practice of yoga has undoubtedly been the greatest gift in Catherine’s life. The continued impact yoga makes in her way of being is the “why” behind her teachings. The value of the practice is so high that it would be wrong not to share it.
- YogaEd Training for At-Risk Youth and Adults with Hala Khouri, Savannah Yoga Center 2010
- Advanced Vinyasa Yoga Teacher Training with Kate Doran, Savannah Power Yoga 2013
- Prison Yoga Project Teacher Training with James Fox, Asheville Yoga Center 2014
- Art of Assisting with the Baptiste Institute, Savannah Power Yoga 2014
- Master Teaching Apprentice Program, Dancing Dogs Yoga 2015
- EDGE Teacher Training, Dancing Dogs Yoga 2015
- Mindfulosophy: Purpose and Practice, lululemon athletica 2017
The 5 Yamas include:
The 5 Niyamas include: